Generous donations throughout this year have helped us achieve more than ever, and we know that with your continued support we can dare to dream bigger for our students and a better, more equitable Milwaukee.
Below you will find our 2021 Impact Report where you will see how your support has allowed us to provide the MPS community with updated play spaces, STEM education opportunities, college scholarships, critically-needed school supplies, virtual learning support, international learning, healthy summer meals, and more.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, your donations allowed us to fund thousands of dreams not included in the MPS budget!
Worked with partners on a city-wide development of several outdoor spaces.
- $3.5 million invested in five outdoor spaces this year; from a playground on the South Side to a track field on the North Side.
- The new spaces promote outdoor learning, healthy food access, social-emotional well-being, recreational opportunities, arts, and environmental sustainability through stormwater management and increased urban biodiversity.
Awarded a record-breaking $200,000+ in scholarships this year!
- More than 80% of scholarship recipients were first-generation college students.
- The foundation offers 21 total scholarships, including six new funds launched this year.
- Scholarships support careers in vast array of fields including: arts, law, engineering, pre-med, astrophysics, business, nursing, and many more!
Funded numerous STEM educational opportunities throughout the District.
- Financed the 2021 MPS STEM Fair making it possible for 14 schools
- A new HVAC Lab at Obama High School, thanks to equipment donations from Johnson Controls will allow students to train using the latest high-tech tools and modern equipment for in-demand jobs.
- Teamed up with Marquette, the Bucks and Packers to launch a national sports data analytics program at Golda Meir.
School Supply Drive
Supplied vital tools and resources to students and teachers for the 2021-22 school year.
- The sixth annual No Empty Backpacks School Supplies Drive raised a record-breaking $57,821.75, more than doubling their previous high of $25,000.
- The money raised provided students a backpack full of supplies including notebooks, calculators, pencils, highlighters and more.
United Nations Schools of International Learning
Students worked together to think critically about real-world problems.
- 2021 served 13 schools, 2022 will expand to 18 schools.
- Curriculum prepares students for a 21st-century global workforce by combining academic skills like research and writing with real-world skills like debate and conflict resolution.
- Program has served 6,772 students since its inception in the 2016-2017 school year.
Virtual Learning Support
Continued to raise money to provide internet to families in need during virtual learning.
- The district is now fully funded for student internet hotspot connectivity until September 2022, as the need for home connectivity support will be ongoing – especially given the need for virtual learning when schools reach the threshold for COVID cases.
Summer Meal Delivery Pilot Program
Launched a new program to address lack of transportation, as it has been cited as a barrier for students and their families trying to access free meals.
- Expanded MPS’ summer meal program this year, adding delivery of free meals to children and families in the 53206, 53205 and 53233 ZIP Codes. The program is open to all families in those ZIP Codes, not just those with students in MPS.
- 39,762 meals served to families this Summer across Milwaukee.
If you would like to follow us on our journey, you can subscribe to our e-mail list, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. And, as always, your donations are always appreciated.